This Page

has been moved to new address

Take me back to yesterday...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
BRUMMER: Take me back to yesterday...
My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, Arizona, United States

20-something mom, wife, photographer, runner.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Take me back to yesterday...


Here are pictures of my mom rocking CJ in the same rocking chair that she rocked me and Jennifer in. It was so neat to see this and really think about it, all of the sleepless nights that she spent holding us in this piece of furniture. It was almost like the a new discovery that linked me to Jen again; like when I found a sweat shirt that smelled like her a couple of months after she died, or when I went away to college to live in the dorms and felt like I was going through something that she went through, this is a place that she used to be all of the time, it just made me feel close to her again; I am going to make a special place in my home for it one day.

I love my mom, I am so thankful for her. I cannot imagine the heartache that she feels at the loss of her first daughter. Watching this special moment that she had with my daughter, I was hit like a ton of bricks with the gratitude and love that I have for her and with a small understanding of the pain she must feel every day. If I can be a little bit of the mother that she was to us, I will know that I did my job.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Lindsay this is so sweet! Your mom seems like a strong person - and so are you. I like how you keep your sister's memory alive - it's important! You do a great job.

October 21, 2008 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Jen Merrill said...

....and i am totally tearing up. it is my biggest fear in life... having something happen to one of my girls. reading your post brought that to life and makes me so grateful.

October 22, 2008 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

having you girls made me appreciate my mom. I think all girls must suddenly realize....OMG, how could I have been so thoughtless. And Mom's just do it. We don't even think about it. Because we love our babies, and our grandbabies so much. That's when you know it's great to be a woman. sometimes, I joke that next time I am going to come back as a man.....but I wouldn not trade how much love a mom has to give. I love you, Lindasy!!!!

October 22, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home