This Page

has been moved to new address

New Dinner Idea

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
BRUMMER: New Dinner Idea
My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, Arizona, United States

20-something mom, wife, photographer, runner.

Monday, April 13, 2009

New Dinner Idea

As many of you know, since I stopped nursing I am on a mission to dump this baby weight FAST. I am working out with a personal trainer 3 hours a week and doing at least 6 hours of cardio a week. Last week I worked hard and lost 5.5lbs!!! So I am eating 1,200 calories a day and learning how to cook a variety of portion controlled meals.

It has been really fun trying new foods. I found the first 3 days I was so hungry because I was eating things that were high in calories so I couldn't eat very much. Now I feel like I am eating all day to get in those 1,200 The secret is in the veggies, people!

Here's a yummy new dinner I tried tonight that Jeff and Tyler both liked a lot. It's a new spin on an old favorite of ours.

Pork Chops:
1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1 T minced garlic

Mix it all up in a bowl and place it on top of the pork chops (enough for 4) and cook as usual. YUM!

We ate this with brown rice and corn on the cob.
Total calories for 1 serving of dinner: 352 calories

1 ear of corn: 80 calories
1/4 cup brown rice: 60 calories
6oz pork chop: 152 calories
1/2 Tbsp olive oil: 60 calories

9 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

That's awesome. Good for you!

April 13, 2009 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

That sounds yummy Lindsay. We'll be trying that one out over here at the Vegas.

April 14, 2009 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Erin Nicole said...

5 pounds in a week? That is fantastic!!

April 14, 2009 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Erin Nicole said...

I love you girl! You are such a great friend.. P.S I have your stripper shoes. I ended up using another pair, but thanks again. I will drop them off to you later today.

:) Let's do the park soon!

April 15, 2009 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

YUUMM

April 15, 2009 at 3:51 PM  
Anonymous joni said...

hey i'm in the process of losing the weight as well if you have anymore recipes send them my way i could use all the help i can get

April 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

Go to myapex.com- they have a great recipe finder for weight loss. My fave is 1/4 cup preserves, 1/4 cider vinegar, 1Tbsp mustard for sweet and sour pork tenderloins :) 6 hours of cardio a week? I am in awe since it takes everything I have to get 30 done. WAY TO GO!

April 16, 2009 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Sheri Lee said...

Thanks for the tip, and you are looking great!

April 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Jewelia Eagar said...

Wow that is awesome!

April 22, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home