This Page

has been moved to new address

Jennifer Lynn O'Hare: March 3, 1979 - September 10, 1999

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
BRUMMER: Jennifer Lynn O'Hare: March 3, 1979 - September 10, 1999
My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, Arizona, United States

20-something mom, wife, photographer, runner.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Jennifer Lynn O'Hare: March 3, 1979 - September 10, 1999


Today is a hard day for my mom, me, and a few close friends. My sister was killed in a car accident 8 years ago today, September 10, 1999 at 11:06 am. As the years have passed this day still brings back every gut wrenching feeling that I had on that day and the painful memories flood through my mind. There are so many people in my life now who never had the chance to meet Jen and sometimes that makes it hard to share all of my memories of her. Today I decided that the whole world needed to know that on this day eight years ago, they lost one of the most incredible people who ever lived.

Jen was the BEST sister, the best friend, the best daughter; if you were in the same room with her you HAD to meet that girl. She was beautiful on the outside, but on the inside Jen was so much more than beautiful. She cared about people, she stuck up for people, she backed up her friends, and she always stood by my side. I always wanted to be just like her. She had the greatest friends and the best boyfriend, she had a wonderful relationship with my mom, she was independent and always had fun. Words cannot even come close to describing the amazing way Jen made you feel just being around her.

I am thankful for my sister's life. I am lucky that we are sisters.
Those of you that knew her, post some memories of Jen on the comments, I LOVE hearing Jen stories. I love my sister and I miss her every second of every day; I know when I see her again it will be the best reunion I will ever have.

Me, My mom, Jen in Hawaii 1998


Hawaii 1998



Hawaii 1998



Hawaii 1998








Hawaii 1998 with Jen's boyfriend, Steve





Hawaii 1999 the Summer before she passed





Hawaii 1999




Us with my Mom's mom and Jenny Wolf in 1998




Jen and Jenny in 1996



Jen and Jenny in 1997
















Jen doing my makeup for my first high school formal in 1997







Last Christmas with Jen in 1998, Granite Bay









Jen got me a book about sisters on my 16th birthday. She filled out parts of it and I love to see her hand writing:


























































































Jen and Courtney





9 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Those entries she wrote are so funny - she is beautiful and that is such a nice tribute to her! Love you!

September 10, 2007 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Day to Day said...

Linds-Great job...I love all the photos...I will have to see if I can find any...I think that most of mine are on the boards that were made for her service...ummm ok lets see a jen story, ...there are sooo many of them that its hard to just pick one.....I would have to say one of my favorites was coming to your house in the summer time, before we had our licenses and riding our bikes to beach house and walking around Raley's...oh and then who could forget friday nights, with the mystery babysitters....however we got to order pizza and I thought it was sooo cool because Jen could write the check...she also got to shave her legs first, I was completely jealous of her! Until then I realized that Saving your legs is not soo fun! I guess these are more memories than stories...let me do alittle thinking and I see what I can come up with....
Love always,
Marci

September 10, 2007 at 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

handcuffing you together cured all sister fighting. You two became very close and always nice to each other after that day. And it wasn't really handcuffs. I grabbed a cloth belt from a robe and tied it around one hand of each of you. not like you couldn't take it off, but I think you guys actually had fun.
I love you Lindsay. Thank you for writing such a beautiful tribute to Jennifer. I miss her.
Mom

September 10, 2007 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Courtney and Matt said...

Hey Lindsay! I've got a ton of stories, but the one I'm going to tell goes along with the pictures I have. When we were young Jen always wanted to be a Broadcast Journalist, just like Mary Hart on Entertainment Tonight! So we would record ourselves making up fake news stories so that we could see what we looked like on tv. (I bet the home movies are hilarious!) So we were really excited when we got to go visit my sister Alyse at college, where she and her boyfriend (now husband) were studying broadcast journalism! We had a fun day at their studio, recording ourselves doing fake news and weather forecasts, and interviewing each other on their news set. I still have that video! Jen was a wonderful person and always so much fun to be with, and about 99% of my childhood memories involve her! You are a great sister Lindsay! Thanks for creating this. Love Courtney

September 10, 2007 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Courtney and Matt said...

Jen came on our annual family trip to Santa Barbara several times growing up. One summer we changed our names to River and Winter and whenever we met anyone we would tell them we were sisters with those names! We rollerbladed down to the grocery store and saw a big grungy bus in the parking lot. As we got closer, we saw lots of pots and pans hanging from the ceiling and lots of hippies wearing tye-dye all around. Later that day on the beach we met some boys who invited us to a concert that was going on that night - The Grateful Dead! We were so excited and couldn't wait to go, so we went to ask my parents for permission. Well needless to say their answer was NO WAY and so we were totally bummed. (but of course looking back now I wouldn't let two 13 year-old girls go to a Grateful Dead concert with two strangers either!) We always had so much fun together, wether we were on vacation, just hanging out by the pool and spraying sun-in in our hair, or jumping on the trampoline making up songs! There was one song that we made up to a Paula Abdul song that we still rememberd when we were in college! She was my best friend and I miss not being able to share memories with her, memories that no one else would know about but her.

September 12, 2007 at 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen went with our family every summer to Carpinteria. When we all swam in the ocean, Jen started this thing called "butt-it." We'd all stand out in the waves and each time one would crash we'd turn our back side to the wave and say "Butt-it!" (this minimized the slashage in one's face) It was really fun. I totally idolized both our sisters! I remember Jen used to always have dry-erase marker written all over her closet mirrors. I thought that was sooo cool. I started doing it too. What is so funny is that I STILL write on my mirrors, and it all came from Jen.

September 13, 2007 at 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your story Courtney. I do have one that I remember also about the 2 of you. Remember when we came home from dinner one Friday evening and you guys were supposed to be babysitting Lindsay?? I recall something about a gas can......ring a bell?
You guys were great buddies. I loved having you both hang out at our house.
I love you,
Linda

September 18, 2007 at 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss her, too, and i think of her just about every time i crack open a book of poetry...

eirik

January 25, 2008 at 12:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I grew up knowing Jen from Cavitt and Oakmont. She was always the sweet, cool cheerleader who everyone liked... which was hard to do as a cheerleader at Oakmont. I always looked up to her and thought she was awesome! I just wish 10 years ago thing were different that day. God bless!

June 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home