This Page

has been moved to new address

SHARE the Air: a Plea to My Fellow Gym-ers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
BRUMMER: SHARE the Air: a Plea to My Fellow Gym-ers
My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, Arizona, United States

20-something mom, wife, photographer, runner.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

SHARE the Air: a Plea to My Fellow Gym-ers

So, this morning I had my normal routine, I woke up at 5:00, got dressed for the gym, pumped milk for our friend's sweet little daughter Bela who is recovering from a rough first 8 months of life, then headed to Lifetime Fitness. I hopped on a treadmill, and though it was so hard to start cranking it up before the sun was even close rising, I did it. While I was sweating and kicking into mile 4 IT happened AGAIN!!! A man got on the machine next to me and started running... and BREATHING. For those of us who breathe through our noses when we run, respect the confined space between machines at the gym and the shared air in the building and BRUSH YOUR TEETH! This person had the worst breath for the third time this week, it smelled like a piece of dental floss after the first time of flossing when you skip 3 or 4 days! As he was panting through his mouth, molesting my beautiful air with his halitosis, I was about to vomit through my last mile... instead I switched to breathing through my mouth, which is just not right.

Here is my plea: while we all drag our butts to the gym in the wee hours of the morning, or any time of the day, think about respecting the space between you and other people who are dragging themselves there too. Just because you don't shower before you run doesn't mean you shouldn't brush your flipping teeth! SHARE the AIR people, we are all busting our buts to melt away the calories, let's look out for each other.

5 Comments:

Blogger Devksi said...

That is so gross! I have had that happen to me too. The woman must have had onions/garlic. It was so bad I ended up switching treadmills.
Yuck!

November 13, 2008 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Gross!! I would die. That happened to me at church one day during my first trimester - I was sitting next to someone who had HORRIBLE breath - this person talked in my direction and I literally gagged out loud and had to run out of the room. I mean, COME ON!

November 13, 2008 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Love it!...

November 13, 2008 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That is HILARIOUS. I hope you've had better luck with clean breathing air since then! :)

November 16, 2008 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Jamie Lynne Brummer said...

That was a really funny story, but I am sorry that happened to you. I definately agree though. Not enough people brush their teeth! I hate that too!

November 16, 2008 at 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home